Video: Say What?! S#$t Kundalini Yogis Say

Maybe you’ve seen the videos going around Facebook and Youtube called “S#!t — say.”  These tongue-in-cheek videos showcase some common things you might hear from groups like “New Age people,” “hipsters,” and “Med students.”  Now, thanks to some members of the 3HO community, Kundalini Yogis have a video of their own.  While a small portion of the language may not be safe for work, we can probably all find a bit of ourselves in this video.

What do you think about the video “S#!t Kundalini Yogis Say”?

1. ME CARGO TOTALMENTE DESCONECTADA SE Q HAY GENTE ASI PERO SI NO LO SIENTEN PARAQ LO HACEN AA NO ES SU MOMENTO PERO YA LLEGARA Y SERA UNA HERAMIENTA ESENCIAL EN SU VIDA

2. It was a good idea, but poorly executed. The editing is extremely choppy. The acting and tidbits seemed forced and poorly thought out. In the video, SH#T New Age Girls Say, there was space and a well-thought out intention to the phrases and scenery. This video just seems like it was thrown together hap-hazardously to ride the coattails of similar videos. I was really hoping this would be good, but unfortunately, I was let down. Time to access the neutral mind 😉

3. Sitting on a toilet and chanting wha he guru? How is this not disrespectful?

4. I don’t think it was that offensive and disrespectful. I understand that some people can take this very seriously but hey, even if it’s a serious way of living I want to believe that a little of self distance doesn’t hurt. I’m do not know much about Kundalini Yoga and I have to practice on my own since I live on a place where you don’t find people who practice that. I don’t get wrong or funny ideas or pictures of Kundalini Yoga based on this video.
    Sat Nam
    Carina

5. Hi ?,

I’m not sure if you’ve seen any of the similar videos floating around youtube, but all of the ones I have seen carry the same sort of vibe – whether you want to call it “ditzy” or “petty” or something else. I think of it as similar to news soundbites which are taken out of their full context, making the speaker sound strange or foolish. From what I understand, the people who made this video chose dialogue out of many comments submitted by Kundalini yogis who wanted a fun, silly video of our own.

You do make a good point that because it’s a bit of an “inside joke,” people who don’t practice Kundalini may come away with an odd impression. Ideally anyone who stumbles across it will be aware of these kinds of videos and know that it’s meant to be for entertainment purposes.

Liz

6. hahahah! I hadn’t seen that yet! Really very funny! :-)

7. John,

I was definitely not in the video. I’m not much of an on-camera kind of gal! :)

Liz

8. Was that Liz in the video?

9. honestly? i found this disrespectful and somewhat annoying & offensive. i understand it is supposed to be sarcastic/a parody, but the “actresses” just seem ignorant, petty, and ditzy. there could have been a much better, more respectful, and funnier way of doing this video…one that didn’t make kundalini yogis look like a “new age” version of “the plastics.”

10. That was pretty funny! I particularly liked, “There’s a kriya for that!”