The Spirit Voyage 40 Day Global Sadhana: Transforming Negativity to Love with Ramdesh Kaur

I’m so delighted to be leading the next 40 Day Global Sadhana.  We’ll begin August 8th and end September 16th, 2012.  For those of you joining us at Sat Nam Fest East, you’ll be able to share in the group experience together and complete your sadhana with people from all around the world by your side.  Please sign up for our daily inspirational emails on www.spiritvoyage.com/globalsadhana.

I chose this sadhana because I want to see the world transformed by love.  I want every heart to know the sweetness of love and every mind to release the shackles of negativity.  I found a wonderful 4 part meditation that is easy to do, but profoundly powerful.  It is not a physical challenge like Bound Lotus or Burn Inner Anger, but it is no less profound and moving in its effects.  When I do it, I can feel the negativity drain out of me.  I am left calm and relaxed.  I added the recitation of my own “Guided Meditation for Self-Love” because I know that right after we have released negativity from our bodies, we are open and receptive.  That is the time that I want us all to bathe in the healing light of our own love. For some, saying such kind words to themselves may be among the hardest things they have ever done.  To remind ourselves that we are deeply deserving of love is no light task.

Please reach out to your studios and friends, to your families and children.  Invite them to join you in this simple meditation which will take only 15 minutes of your day.  Join us for this gentle and peaceful journey to transform negativity to love.

Instructions:

1) Tune in with “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” (3 times).

2.) Meditation to Remove Negativity

Helps with depression, anger, anxiety and negativity.

Eye Focus: Eyes closed, turned up to third eye.

Length: All parts can be done between 1 and 3 minutes.

Breathing: Long deep breathing.

The first part:

Interlace your fingers with your fingers pointing towards the chest.  The right index finger should rest on top of the right.  Curl your ring and pinkie fingers back into towards their respective palms.  Reach out your left middle finger to hook onto the right ring finger and pull it back towards the left palm.  Touch the thumb tips together.

This mudra releases anger and enthrones the neutral mind.

The second part:

Cup your hands and press the base of the palms up into the cheek bones.  It may be a little painful when you press.

This mudra brings joy.

The third part:

Stretch your left arm across the body taking your right arm and pressing the left to the right shoulder.

This mudra releases tension and stress.

The fourth part:

Grab your wrists behind your back and pull down.  Open and lift the chest up and apply a slight neck lock.

This position brings energy up the spine, elevates and calms you.

3.) Ramdesh Kaur’s Guided Meditation for Self-Love from “Journey into Stillness”

Sit peacefully and place your hands over your heart.  Repeat these words (out loud or mentally):

My heart, I love you. My body, I love you. My mind, I love you. I forgive myself for any words or thoughts I have made about myself that were unkind, and I release any emotional attachment to the unkind words others have said to me. I forgive myself for anything that needs to be forgiven. I recognize my own beauty. I believe in myself and in my dreams. I am bountiful, I am beautiful, I am blissful, I am. I am at peace, I am whole, and I am loved. I rest in the light of this truth.

4.) Optional:  You may finish your meditation any way you would like, either by sitting quietly and feeling love or by chanting “Sat Nam”.

Here is the instructional video:

Once you understand the meditation, you can do it with me in this video:

If you’d like to recite the Guided Meditation for Self-Love more than once a day…do it!  You can never affirm your own grace and divinity enough.  You can find the track on my album “Journey into Stillness”.  I’d like to honor Ram Dass for allowing me to use his beautiful song “Lullaby” on this track, which sets the tone so nicely and helps me to relax enough to allow these words of self-honoring to really permeate my psyche.

You can do the Meditation to Remove Negativity with any music or no music at all (no mantra was specified).  I chose Nirinjan Kaur’s “Bhaj Man Mere” from Prem Siri, which helps the mind shift its thought from manmukh (the world of man) to gurmukh (the world of God or the divine).  I think there is something magical about this combination of meditation and music, and if it resonates with you, I hope you as well with join us in sharing this sacred sound current.

And if you’re curious who is tuning in for us on the meditation video, its Shakta Kaur from the album “Deeply Relax and Meditate”.

1. I bought the music download, got a player with headphones, and figured out how to cut and paste into song mixes. Not perfect, but it worked. The music is just the help I need when my negative mind surfaces. Thank you so very much, Sat Nam.

2. I loved your message about Love today! Tonight I was so pissed, and ready to verbally explode at the object of my anger, when I read this and just stopped. totally stopped. So clear and well written.

3. Sat Nam . I live in Zacatecas, México and am Kundalini yoga teacher many years ago. Last week I did this meditation with my group of around 15 persons , and they were so deligted that they ask me to continue during the 40 days… It is so beautifull ! tank to you for this oportunity

4. Sat Nam Ramdesh and everyone who enjoyed this 40 days meditation.
    Thank you for your wonderful instructions, it’s clearly and kindly told.
    For Amy, my husband has set them on my iPod that’s possible, and so you need only your iPod, earphone and charger.

5. Ramdesh, I find myself singing that song all day long. thank you so much for picking it and sharing it with us. thank you also to Nirinjan for sharing it.

6. Hello Ramdesh and everyone,
    Thanks to your videos and kind instruction, I’ve been building my home practice after so many years only going to classes. What a gift. The music has been key to my motivation, much more so than in a class. However, I don’t have internet access when traveling, and want to keep up on 40 days. I see we can purchase the music, but it won’t have the timer reminders for switching mudras, which I really need. Could we purchase the audio as it is in your video? Other suggestions? Thank you.

• Sat nam! Unfortunately the audio is not available on the video at this time, but in the future we can look into that. I’d suggest simply using a timer, and allowing any feelings of negativity that arise to be a part of your practice…letting them pass you by without emotionally reacting to them. Blessings, Ramdesh

7. Day 6 and it is feeling more beautiful every time. I feel us all ascending to a more loving vibration. Thank you and Namaste.

8. Is it suppose to be the same meditation …..day after days?

• Yes. We do the same meditation for 40 days!

9. Hi Ramdesh, thank you for this beautiful meditation. I hope you don’t mind me sharing something with you.
    I have an infant son and have been feeling very apprehensive about my return to work as I have a 90 minute commute each way and my son would need to be in daycare full-time. My husband and I had a long and difficult time having a child – it took nearly 10 years for me to get pregnant – and I love being a mother.
    Yesterday I woke up full of anxiety but felt so much calmer after practicing the meditation. Then last night I discussed with my husband about operating our own dayhome and filling our house with children and love. My husband is fully on board with the idea and I’m filled with excitement about what the future will bring.
    I have been praying to find my right path and feel that this is part of my journey from negativity to love. :)
    Sat Nam!
    Deb

10. Thank you for this practice. I do not think I truly had any concept of “bliss” until participating in this exercise.

Wow.

11. I love this. It is oddly challenging in a really peaceful way. I find myself yawning enormously in exactly the way I do in hypnotherapy sessions, which tells me I’m in a different state of consciousness. And I am so blissed out afterwards.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

12. Sat Nam Ramdesh, I would like to personally thank you for leading and bringing up to light this powerful meditation to the world; this is my second day and you are right, it has been very hard to say such kind words to myself but at the end I can feel such a peace in my heart and my mind that it would be difficult to express with words. Keep up the great work and all you do!

13. Started this today myself and also taught it in my class. Both were very moving experiences! This is by far my favorite 40 day global sadhana yet! Many mahalos Ramdesh Kaur for putting this together. It’s so amazing, I’ve decided to teach the whole sadhana in all of my classes for the entire 40 days! 😀

14. Ramdesh,

Thank you so much for this! I was excited today to start and as I listened to your lovely voice while following along, I began to cry like a baby!! was a little shocked. Maybe I’m releasing pent up guilt or something. Anyhow, I’m looking forward to the journey. Thank you soooo much!

Karla
    Rancho Cucamonga, California

15. Do we have to subcrive and pay because I listen and it always stop. The speaking is not clear etc….

• Joane, No you don’t have to subscribe and pay. It may be that the video is stopping because you are trying to watch it in HD on a slow internet connection. On youtube you can adjust your video setting to a lower quality which improves playback on slower connections. You can also read in this post for instructions and for the words I am saying in English, if you are not hearing those. Blessings, Ramdesh

16. Ramdesh,

If you were close, I’d give you a loving hug; Now from a distance : I send you and your community all my love and I really thank you all for your beautiful work.

Sat Nam,

Marc
    Belgium

17. Ramdesh-
    sat nam.
    ..since i have been doing your new amazing cd daily…I so agree that this is a fabu global sadhana.

-jules

18. Thank you this is great I’m in, am a day ahead so as I’m in New Zealand! Thank you!

19. Thank you so much for organizing the 40 days global sadhana Ramedesh! You are such an inspiration and your daily thoughts are so helpful. It always make my days! Can’t wait to start …. Warm thoughts. SatNam Corinne

• I can’t wait to begin with everyone, too! Thank you all for your kind words…let’s keep the love flowing! Ramdesh

20. This sadhana looks lovely and soothing, just as I’m coming into a frenzied 6 week-period of total reorganisation. Perfect. Thank you!

21. Sat Nam, Dear Ramdesh Kaur, I am Sangeeta from Shanghai, our studio will join this 40 days sadhana program, but we can’t see the video intruction, can you send the video’s to me by email?

The videos are up on this website and also on Spirit Voyage’s Youtube channel. They are new videos, so don’t try to view the old links. If you have any further difficulty, check our YouTube channel or try clearing your cache.

22. Each can be done between 1 and 3 minutes. I think I did 3-2-3-3 in this video, Guru Surya Kaur, but I will check it out soon and be sure!

23. Sat Nam! thanks for a lovely sadhana!

In the “follow along with me video” how long did you do each of the 4 meditation parts ?

24. New videos are up!

25. SAT NAM
    ESPERO INCLUYAN A LOS DE HABLA ESPAÑOL EN LA MEDITACIÓN GLOBAL,
    LA MÚSICA QUE ESCUCHE SOLO HABLA EN INGLES , HAY OTRA OPCIÓN?
    EN MI PAÍS NO TIENEN LOS CD PARA COMPRAR, ASÍ QUEDA SEGUIR POR INTERNET, SIEMPRE Y CUANDO EL VIDEO NO SEA PRIVADO

PODRÍAN HACER UN VIDEO DE PRONUNCIACIÓN DEL MANTRA QUE SE USA PARA LA RADIACIÓN ATÓMICA, SERÍA MUY MUY IMPORTANTE, PARA ESTAR SEGUROS, POR LA EVENTUALIDAD DE UNA GUERRA NUCLEAR : PRAANAA, APANAA, SHUSHMANAA, HAREE, HAREE HAR, HAREE HAR, HAREE HAR, HAREE

BENDICIONES Y SALUDOS DESDE EL CORAZÓN DE AMÉRICA

26. Sat Nam! Just wondering why the 40 day global sadhana instructional video…… WHOOPS just read the comments looks like you may be re-doing some things!
    -Patiently Being!

• There is a note above the videos that explains that there was an error in the videos and I had to set them to private in order to fix the error. They will be posted again when the error is corrected.

27. I would love to join in however, for some reason when ever i try to click on the videos, whether from email or face book, it comes up with ‘sorry this video is private’. Help..
    I’m trying to connect from the UK, not sure if that should make any difference.
    I’ve not had any problems in the past, so not sure what’s going on.

• We’ll repost the videos prior to the sadhana. There was an error that needed to be fixed.

28. I love the meditation for self-love! Need to do it regularly. Looks like I’m in :)

29. I believe you are right Lena. Good gracious! Sometimes we all need cross-checkers! I’ll be correcting this.

1. Removing Negativity and Working with Group Energy « Mia Siven - [...] [...]
  2. Transformer la négativité en amour - [...] vous pouvez vous abonner au site www.spiritvoyage.com qui est en charge de la distribution et du soutien des « Global …