Spirit Voyage’s 40 Day Global Sadhana: Be in Flow with Your Highest Wisdom with Snatam & Gurmukh

Spirit Voyage 40 Day Global Sadhana: Be in Flow with Your Highest Wisdom

Gurmukh and Snatam Kaur are joining together to guide us through a very special Spirit Voyage 40 Day Global Sadhana leading up to 11-11-11, sponsored by Spirit Voyage, Omega, Golden Bridge Yoga and 3HO!

On this date, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, we turn the page and move from the Piscean Age to the Aquarian Age.  The Piscean Age is all about seeking knowledge and existing in individual consciousness.  In the Aquarian Age, we are connected to our intuition and therefore know all that we need to, and we have collective consciousness to complete our shared vision.  These meditations will assist in lifting you up out of life’s dramas and deliver you to the Aquarian energy flow that will be readily available in this special window of time for all who open themselves to it.

In an effort to get these transformational meditations out to as many people as possible Gurmukh, Snatam Kaur and Spirit Voyage are supported by the following conscious businesses and organizations: Omega Institute, 3HO, and Golden Bridge Yoga. Ramdesh Kaur will host your journey on SpiritVoyage.com/globalsadhana and the Spirit Voyage Facebook fan page, sending emails and motivational messages to help you keep up.

This series of meditations will take you probably 15 minutes to do every day.  It starts off with a 3 minute breath exercise followed by an 11 minute chanting exercise. Combining these two practices is very powerful.  Sitali pranayama is very cleansing.  It slows you down your heart rate and your mind and brings you into a state of Shuniya, preparing you to go into the Waheguru Wahejio meditation very deeply. The Waheguru Wahejio mediation blesses you and allows you the Grace to touch the innermost space inside of you and to merge into the flow of universal light.

On October 3, 2011 we will begin our official 40 Day Global Sadhana to end on 11-11-11.  If you are late in joining, don’t worry!  You can still catch on to the cosmic flow of energy.  We will practice this meditation for 40 days, because that is the length of time it takes to change very deep energy patterns in your being to give you the essential effects of the meditation. Over the course of 40 days, your cellular structure changes, so by practicing a meditation for that length of time, you infuse yourself with the effects and change yourself both inside and out. If you miss a day…. you’ve got to start over again! You can practice this sadhana any time during the day.  We recommend setting a routine to do the sadhana at the same time each day to insure that you keep to the 40 day sadhana!

First Meditation Taught by Gurmukh Kaur: Sitali Pranayam

“Sitalee Pranayam done with the Gurprasaad Mudra of Receiving”

Peace & Purity through Receiving the Blessings of the Guru

Sitali Pranayam has a powerful cooling, relaxing effect while maintaining alertness.  It is said that doing this breath by itself 26 times in the morning and 26 times in the evening will help to detoxify the body.  On 7/30/75, Yogi Bhajan told us that the ‘people who practice this kriya have all things come to them that they need by the planetary ether.  In mystical terms, you are served by the heavens.’  It was originally done in 1975 as a preparation to the healing mantra.

A very well known practice it soothes and cools the spine in the area of the 4th, 5th and 6th vertebrae.  This breath is often used for lowering fever.  Great powers of rejuvenation and detoxification are attributed to this breath when practiced regularly.  Doing 52 breaths daily can extend your lifespan.  Often the tongue may taste bitter at first.  This is a sign of toxification.  As you continue the practice of it, the taste of the tongue will ultimately become sweet.

Taught also 12/7/97, the Master told us that if you feel negative, angry, upset, just do this breath.  It’ll help reduce any emotions that are disrupting you.

With the posture of the Gurprasaad, it brings a blessing from God to the practitioner.  Allow yourself to be showered by all blessings from the heavens.

With this, we are preparing ourselves to receive the energy of the Divine which will direct us into our True Destiny.  Every person has their own unique destiny.  These sacred tools from Kundalini Yoga help a person to receive in a state of deepest love and humility, all that one needs to be successful and a pure channel of light in this Aquarian Age.

Second Meditation Taught by Snatam Kaur: Synchronize with the Universal Flow of Light

Mantra:

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Wahejio

Meaning of the Mantra:

Wa: Ecstatic Bliss

He: Here and now

Guru: From darkness into light

Jio: Soul

We chant Waheguru three times and then we chant Wahejio.  Jio means the soul.  It is not just the individual soul, but it is the Great Cosmic Soul within all beings. When you chant “jio” the touch of the Great Cosmic Soul blesses you in the inner most reaches of your being with the touch of Grace. It is this touch of Grace that gives us the ability to transform and to merge into the flow of Universal Light.

Meditation to practice with the mantra:

Sit with a straight spine.  Hold the hands at the level of the heart center. The right hand is on top of the left hand, both palms face down.  The right thumb is bent and comes under the left hand and touches the left palm.  The left thumb is bent and also touches the left palm.  The bent thumbs are pressed together so that thumbnails touch. Look at the tip of the nose. Chant the mantra given above. When you chant, sing along with Snatam in the “call” and with the chorus in the “response”. Lift the navel and diaphragm in rhythm with each time you chant “Wa.”  (If you are menstruating, just pull in the navel lightly.) Continue for 11 minutes.  When you finish, inhale and hold the breath for 20-30 seconds. Relax the breath.  Then inhale and hold the breath again for 20-30 seconds.  Then relax the breath and the posture and sit for a few minutes in silence and gratitude, allowing the meditation to integrate into your being.

The affect of this mantra and mudra is that it tunes you into the Divine energy that is accessible to all of us.  Yet to access this energy we must be in balance inside and in relationship to the energy.  In the book called “The Mind”, Yogi Bhajan say this meditation connects you to the wider flow of the universe, both known and unknown.  It links the essence of your purpose to the greater minds and souls in the cosmos.  Your message and needs are projected into them, and help and knowledge come back to serve you and complete your goal.  When you are in balance, you rely on the heavens and the greater environment.  You feel a conversation with the universe. Synchronicity is common.  “At the last minute, the Grace of the Guru saves the disciple.”

Resources:

Merge and Flow by Snatam Kaur

(Any version of Waheguru Wahejio that contains no instrumental breaks or additional mantras is suitable. Snatam’s “Waheguru Wahejio” from Prem, for example, is not suitable because it has instrumental breaks and a “Waheguru” mantra passage. Choose carefully!  The version on Merge and Flow is perfect for this meditation.)

Praana Praanee Praanayam by Yogi Bhajan

The Mind by Yogi Bhajan

The following two tabs change content below.
Ramdesh Kaur, MA, is an IKYTA Certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trained by Gurmukh. She writes extensively on yoga, spirituality and mantra. She hosts the show "Spirit Voyage Radio with Ramdesh" on Unity FM, one of the Top 100 Itunes Podcasts, and leads Spirit Voyage's 40 Day Global Sadhanas, which bring together 20,000 meditators from 65 countries. Before working with Spirit Voyage, she was the residential Kundalini yoga teacher at Parmarth Niketan in Rishikesh, India in the Himalyan foothills, and has a Master's Degree from the Courtauld Institute in London. She is the author of "Yoga and Mantras for a Whole Heart" with Karan Khalsa and has three best selling guided meditation CDs "Journey into Stillness", "Relaxation Meditations", and "Stress Relief Meditations" (with crystal singing bowl master Ashana) all available on Spirit Voyage, ITunes and Amazon. She teaches at festivals internationally and leads powerful personal creativity retreats in Mexico with her partner Harnam Singh, an accomplished mantra musician. www.ramdesh.com

1. Sat Nam,

I had signed up for the 40 day meditation but unfortunatley due to pesonal reasons, I missed the mediation on 2 consecutive days. I am feeling a little anxious about this and really want to get back on track. PLEASE advise what I should do, I rally want to complete this meditation.

Thank you.

• @RT….Just start again! Go for 40 consecutive days. If you miss a day, you start again at day 1, but there are many people who will be in that situation with you…just get right back up and continue! Blessings, Ramdesh

2. Sat Nam,
    I have a question: how do you exactly have to pull the navel? Could you please clear it up? Because I guess I’m not able to do it in the right way and to coordinate it all.
    Namasté!

3. Thanks!

4. i have started the 40 days sadhna today post watching the video, it is beautiful sadhna,
    what kind of intention one has to do with Sadhna- i had the understanding the intention will be provided. Please guide me.
    thanks

• @Jasbeer, You must provide your own intentions for your practice. I suggest thinking about what you want to open your heart to perhaps. You can also just do a simple intention such as a peaceful transition into the Aquarian Age or a steadiness in your practice. Sat nam, Ramdesh

5. @Fateh, You can certainly do the other 1,000 day meditation along with this sadhana.

6. @Jaipreet, Since you are dealing with real medical issues, you should either consult with your physician, or modify as you see fit. Blessings, Ramdesh

7. Greetings!
    I have a few questions…
    1. Is there a modification to the mudra? I have the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands and wrist which is improving daily w/my practice. But there are times that it very difficult to keep my elbows up and not lose the integrity of the position of my hands. Sometimes I bring my elbows down briefly to keep my hands from cramping. Any recommendation?
    2. Should I add anything extra or special to this sadhana? I have to take medication for my symptoms. I take an oral chemo medication once a week it affects the way I feel. Naturally, I just want to get the most out of this sadhana.
    Thank you for your help – Blessings to you
    Sat Nam

8. I am doing this sadhana. I started this morning. It is beautiful. Love and Light to everybody else who’s doing it.

9. Sat Nam! Question 4 U – I am already doing the Sadhana Mantras for the Aquarian Age every morning, which includes 22 minutes of the Wahe Guru mantra. Could I combine this meditation into my regular routine or does this need to be its own separate meditation? For example, when I get to the Wahe Guru mantra, I could insert the Sitali pranayama and Gurprasaad mudra for 3 minutes. Then set a timer for 11 minutes of Wahe Guru using the mudra shown in the video (name of mudra?). Then after 11 minutes chanting, go back to the Vir Asan and continue with another 11 minutes of Wahe Guru and the remainder of the Aquarian sadhana. I don’t want to shortchange myself, but it seems somehow more efficient to combine them. What are your thoughts on this?

• Sat nam Pavan~
      I think that is a very practical way to combine this sadhana with your regular Aquarian sadhana practice for the duration of the 40 days. Blessings, Ramdesh

10. Hello – do we do the same chant every day? I feel silly asking, but I want to be sure –

• Yes Kat! It’s the same chant everyday. ~Ramdesh

11. Thank you for this beautiful mantra! I’m so looking forward to start this 40 day meditation on Sunday, can’t wait! Will you send email everyday with a new practise?

• Sat nam Ilona! We will send weekly emails with updates, information and inspiration. The practice won’t change. This one meditation is what we will be doing everyday for 40 days. Enjoy! Blessings, Ramdesh

12. SatNam, I signed up for the 40 days ..so I am a bit confused so are we going to log in somewhere and watch a video everyday and do this together, or are we to log in and do on our own,,and yes also the mudra isnt so clear …Ok I look forward to hearing from you ….Amrita Kaur

• Sat nam Angela,
      It is not synchronized globally. You will simply practice this meditation as laid out by Gurmukh and Snatam every day for 40 days. You can tune in to the videos and do it with them, or you can simply do the practice on your own. I’ll do a mudra tutorial video, but for now, maybe this will help. Hold both of your hands in front of you palms down. Now place the right palm on the back of the left hand. Take both thumbs and place them on the left palm. Then move them together so that they touch, thumbnail to thumbnail. Hold this mudra in front of the heart center while chanting. Blessings! ~Ramdesh

13. @Dana, you still stick your tongue out from your mouth and curl is to the degree you can. If your tongue is flat, so be it. Just follow the breath as instructed. Blessings, Ramdesh

14. This looks like it will be a very interesting sadhana. However I have a question 4 u guys, I noticed that 4 the pranayama you have to be able to curl your tounge. What if you can’t do that part then how would I do it?

15. Sat nam
    So how does one sign up???

• Follow the link to sign up via our email on http://www.spiritvoyage.com/globalsadhana. Once you register for the 11-11 global sadhana emails, you’re counted! Blessings, Ramdesh

16. very excited about this 40 day Sadhana. Thanks to Spirit Voyage and all involved.

Wahe Guru,
    Jules

17. muchas gracias desde Barcelona!! la haremos encantad@s!!! Saat Naam!!

18. Sat Nam Ramdesh,
    In the book “The Mind” the instructions tell us to have our focus on the tip of the nose, but in the video Snatam tells us to have our eyes closed. Which is correct?
    Many thanks,
    S*

• The correct way to do this is with the eyes focused on the tip of the nose. We’ll edit this video and repost. Blessings and thanks for asking! Ramdesh

19. Hi,

The written instructions for Snatam’s Wahe Guru meditation are different from how she describes in the video. The written instructions say to look at the tip of the nose and Snatam states in the video to close them and look at the brow point.

Can we have clarification as to where we focus the eyes?

Sat Nam,
    Sean

20. Sat Nam
    Ramdesh Kaur, Thank you for your timely & thoughtful responses

21. Sat Nam
    This is great!
    I was wondering if they can be done back to back or do you need to do a kriya in between?

• Absolutely you can do them back to back without a kriya…this sadhana has been designed to do together! Blessings, Ramdesh

22. Sat Nam. We are going to do this meditation in Spain as well. Thank you very much for your instructions.

23. Ramdesh I have been trying to contact someone at spirit voyage but is has been impossible.
    I need to contact someone there thta could help me.
    I want to buy music and sell it in my town The owner of the yoga center where I work said she needs music in her center´s store we have a a community here in Mexico.
    Ihave some money to invest and I would like to start business.
    I want to know policies, prices etc.
    Sat nam
    Amarsuk

sat

• Sat nam Amarsuk Kaur, For all wholesale questions send an email to Deva Singh at deva@spiritvoyage.com. Blessings!

24. Sat Nam. Do you have any picture instruction for the mudra? I am confused with the finger posture as said
    ” The right thumb is bent and comes under the left hand and touches the palm. The left thumb is bent and also touches the left palm. The bent thumbs are pressed together so that thumbnails touch. ”
    And how can I get access to the video guidence?

• There was an oversight in the original teaching. It should be right hand over left, which allows both thumbnails to touch on the left palm. We’re updating the video on the http://www.spiritvoyage.com/globalsadhana page now! ~Ramdesh

25. I watched the video & I have a question 4 u guys. What if you can’t curl your tounge like that? How would I do that pranayama? The other part I won’t have a problem with since I’ve downloaded the music video of that mantra from You Tube & have been chanting with it 4 quite some time!

• Sat nam Dana, Do your best with curling your tongue. If you can’t do it, just stick your tongue out and inhale over it. :) Blessings, Ramdesh

26. I began practicing this yesterday because it seems so completely appropriate for me at this time, and have noticed a real sense of the fear and anxiety that lives in my solar plexus coming out. I’m assuming that the combination of pumping the belly, the meditation, and the other healing work I’m doing is moving goop out from where it’s been living for too long. It’ll be interesting to see where this process is by 11.11.11.

27. Sat Nam jio’s

Please clarify hand mudra. In the video the left is on top of right. In the written instructions it’s the opposite.

In gratitude :)

• The left hand is on top. We’ll re-write the instructions to make it more clear. Thanks!

28. Oh, thank goodness! This is exactly what I need!

1. Back at it: Backbends, Blogging and Guerilla Gardening. « athayoganusasanam - [...] Yogi and I have been practicing a 40 day global meditation to “Be in the Flow with your Highest …
  2. 40 day Global Sadhana… « lindseyogabliss - [...] If you would like to follow the traditional Kundalini, meditations, and prayer as taught by Yoga Bhajan you can …
  3. 11-11-11 | conscious communication - [...] Join the 40 Day Global Sadhana at Spirit Voyage This entry was posted in Uncategorized by guru …
  4. 40 Days Global Meditation – Who will sign up? | 40 Days to the Aquarian Age - [...] http://www.spiritvoyage.com/blog/index.php/spirit-voyages-40-day-global-sadhana-be-in-flow-with-your... [...]