Marry A Woman Who Does Kundalini Yoga

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 9.56.13 AMYou’re going to have a lot of choices, gentlemen, about the kind of woman you spend your life with.  I’d suggest you marry a woman who does Kundalini yoga.

Marry a woman who is committed to finding the depth within her own soul, because she’ll be more likely to find the depth within yours.  As she learns to forgive the mistakes she has made, she’ll learn to forgive yours, and in time you will both learn that there are no such things as mistakes, only opportunities to forgive.

Marry a woman who isn’t afraid to rise in the darkness and sing of the light, because she will stand by you during the dark night of your soul and hold a lantern.

Marry a woman who can find her way by moonlight, after rising in the amrit vela for so long, because she will help you navigate the tricky parts of your life with ease.  She has learned to use her soul as a treasure map and is a reliable navigator.

Marry a woman who lets go of her subconscious clutter in meditation and releases the wounds of her past through mantra and kriya, even if those words sound mysterious to you, because she is not afraid of the mysterious places within herself.  You will find yourself on the adventure of a lifetime with her, navigating the waters of her heart and soul as if you are voyaging the seven seas.  She will be the one at the helm of the ship steering fearlessly.

Marry a woman who honors her body through movement, healthy eating and other forms of self care.  A woman who is comfortable with her own body will make you comfortable with her body too, and together tenderness and sensuality will become great sources of continual joy for you both.

Marry a woman who chants, because she will never be afraid to speak her truth, to raise her voice more often in prayer than in anger, and to speak out when those without voices have something to say.  You must be brave, sir, because a woman who speaks the truth from the depth of her soul will change you and move you to your very core.  You must not fear this change, for her prayer will also be with you, and her prayer will have the strength of a thousand suns.

Marry a woman with a flexible spine and a flexible mind.  You may not understand her when she talks about spinal flex and sufi grind and cat-cow, but you will always understand her when she talks about love, because she will live it and provide you with an example of unconditional devotion to follow.

You will find her in a million places, this magical woman.  You will find her in a yoga studio, yes, but also anywhere that people are in need.  You’ll find her in schools and hospitals, in businesses and in parks, and you’ll notice her because her radiance will nearly blind you.  You might confuse her for a goddess, and who could blame you, especially if you catch her in her full regalia, with white billowing behind her as if she creates her own wind.  Because she does.  She has within her the forces of earth, air, fire, water and ether.   She is the container for the whole Universe.  She can create life.  And together, the life you can create will be beautiful.

And one day, as you live this life together, you may find that you wake in the hours before the rise of the sun just to be with her, and instead find that you finally want to be with yourself, too.  Life will look more beautiful on that day, and luckily, so will she.

If I were you, dear sir, I would marry a woman who does Kundalini yoga.

Find more ways to live with a whole heart in Ramdesh’s book “Yoga and Mantras for a Whole Heart”:

P.S.  Ladies, you’re going to have choices too.  Click here to read the follow up article “Marry a Man Who Does Kundalini Yoga.”

1. it is the sweetness of the breath in your words Ramdesh that is nectar to the Soul. Blessings beautiful one. Alison

2. Oh My God, this has to be by far the most beautiful poem to have ever graced Humanity. Sums up all the reasons why I have an emphasis for Women who do Kundalini Yoga in terms of Marriage. <3

Sat Nam,
    Michael

• Thanks Michael! I hope you find your Kundalini yogini. :) Blessings!

• You’re welcome Ramdesh! And thanks I hope so too :) I wish you the best!

-Sat Nam

3. Can you email me with info on where to meet Kundalini Yogis and Yoginis in the North Texas Area. Like Plano, Dallas etc! I am new to this part of America and so far I do not know :-) And I want to Marry a Yogini preferably a Kundalini one because, those are not watered down ones, but Radiant Spiritual ones!

Well also for friends I would like to meet such people both men and women, (to be clear I am a straight male, I say both for the friends part as I love spiritual and yogic type of talk the Kundalini Yogi B types do, it is great for mind and soul! ) While most people do small boring talk, Kundalini types do brilliant talk that may not be appreciated by those over whose heads it goes. But those who are brilliant of mind love to meet and be friends with the same! Brilliant like brilliant :-)

4. i wait for yoga girl for marry me. but unfortunately m alone now. i like spiritual girl. i so much try for find, but no success, any one help me ?

5. Love the article – but just disagree that it appears only to Kundalini Yoginis!!
    Any dedicated Yogini will recognize herself in the description above <3
    Raising spiritual awareness or power has different possibilities, and for the physical body it is great that there are different styles so everyone could find one fitting and synchronising to with soul.

I d say that overcoming ego is a challenge for all of us 😉

• Sat nam Cat, I don’t mean to imply that these characteristics ONLY apply to women who do Kundalini yoga. Just waxing poetic about the goddesses that surround me in our practice. Blessings!

6. Sat Nam!
    Thanks for the words and the energy on the sadhana-field by night… I look into my girl’s eyes every day now! Good luck for You, wherever You might go!

• Sat nam Raj Palsingh, I had never read your article, but it’s amazing how similar of a response it does seem! I was actually inspired by a post called “Date a Girl Who Does Hot Yoga”, and I thought, well then “Marry a Woman Who Does Kundalini Yoga”. :) They are all true. I wish everyone to be in a relationship with someone who is spending time awakening themselves and their spirits, in whatever way!

7. You have narrated it in the most serene way. Reading it felt like this is where search ends. May guru bless everyone with such a soul mate.

8. Also, this article so eloquently articulates things I haven’t been able to fully express.
    I may just print it and put it up out to remind myself about the things that matter.
    Heaven knows how easy it is to get caught up in the riff-raff.

• On behalf of the ladies of KY, thank you for being a conscious man, That One Guy! I’m sure your goddess is out there!

9. I have to say as someone who practices KY at daily, I agree with this article 100%
    Ladies, find me by the tantric shelter 😉

10. Hi Ramdesh thank you so much for writing this. You made me feel all proud about myself :)))).
    I aspire to be such a good wife to my husband.
    You are wondeful, Ramdesh.

• Thank you so much Zita. Blessings!

11. I’m available! Send them my way….

12. This was absolutely beautiful! Thank you! I actually cried reading this. Touched my heart. I’m doing Kundalini TT this year and its changing my life on every level – in a very positive way.

Thank you. Xx

13. Jo ja ho deia! Ting raó!

14. Dear Powerful, Radiant, Sister Goddess Ramdesh… Ang Sung Wahe Guru!!!! WOW!!! This expression is beyond magnificent!!! Every cell, every fiber of my being is dancing emphatically…singing a chorus of harmonious YES-ness with every word, every sentence.

As I finished reading I observed a quickened pulse and a vibrating vigor flowing through the current of my BEing. I’ll be reading this as we begin group practice here in our home sanctuary next week… And I know that when I read it to Mark in a little while, he’ll be smiling from ear to ear, ’cause he knows he’s married to a woman who does kundalini yoga…and he knows the extra juicy deliciousness of vibrating this practice together, as beloveds.

Feeling the resonance deep within and radiating with you!!
    Shine ON, Ramdesh!!! …and thank you for holding the lamp for us all!!!
    XO Sat Nam,
    Debra

• Thank you so much Debra. I’m so glad this moved you and inspired you. Your inspiration inspires me!

1. Vezměte si ženu, která dělá kundalini jógu – Meditace a kundalini jóga - […] Odkaz na původní článek od Ramadesh Kaur: http://www.spiritvoyage.com/blog/index.php/marry-a-woman-who-does-kundalini-yoga/ […]
  2. Marry a Man Who Does Kundalini Yoga - […] the viral success of "Marry a Woman Who Does Kundalini Yoga", a view from the other side of the …