All night, a man called “Allah”
Until his lips were bleeding.
Then the Devil said, “Hey ! Mr Gullible !
How come you’ve been calling all night and never once heard Allah say, “Here, I am” ?
You call out so earnestly and, in reply, what ?
I’ll tell you what. Nothing !
The man suddenly felt empty and abandoned.
Depressed, he threw himself on the ground and fell into a deep sleep.
In a dream, he met Abraham, who asked,
“Why are you regretting praising Allah ?”
The man said, “ I called and called,
But Allah never replied, “Here I am.”
Abraham explained, “Allah has said,
“Your calling my name is My reply.
Your longing for Me is My message to you.
All your attempts to reach Me
Are in reality My attempts to reach you.
Your fear and love are a noose to catch Me.
In the silence surrounding every call of “Allah”
Waits a thousand replies of “Here I am.”
~ Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Latest posts by Ramdesh Kaur (see all)
- 5 Ways to Use Kundalini Yoga to Overcome Eating Disorders - June 24, 2015
- Mantra for Feeling Close to God: Mere Ram - June 23, 2015
- 10 Lesser Known Yogi Bhajan Quotes - June 12, 2015
- Top 10 Reasons to “Experience” the KRI Level 1 Teacher Training - March 27, 2015
- 13 Things You Will Learn at the Level One Teacher Training Immersion - March 17, 2015